Monday, August 31, 2009

Rational

My design is aimed at as Mar so eloquently puts it "Yuppies". I have designed a special type of bottle that is used not only to drink from but also to store and hold keys, coins and cards while exercising in the gym. I have decided to do this because it is always a hassle of having to take a bag to place the very small amount of things that you carry to the gym, and then if you don't have a locker, you have to leave it out in the open for anyone to gain access to.

This bottle saves the user the hassle of having to constantly worry about how his/her belongings are. With the new compartment down in the bottom of the bottle the user can always just carry those belongings around the gym with easy and comfort both in body and in mind.

I always tried to keep the bottle the same size as most other types and not be over the top in size thus increasing the ease of usage as the users hand is very easily able to wrap around the bottle and grip it comfortably.

The use of aluminum in the design as the material used it to reflect the life style of my target market, they live a very fast and extravagant lifestyle and this bottle is able to reflect that with its simplicity and elegant design. I have also decided that by creating it out of aluminum it will also encourage the user to hold onto it for longer than just a ordinary plastic bottle.

5 comments:

  1. I like the simplicity. Your design and finish of the bottle is very modern and strikes an extravagant and elegant sort of prestige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the design and the choice of material as it suits the target market perfectly. The lack of guidance towards the storage compartment could be confusing for the user though. Maybe the addition of directions or indicators would make life easier on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottle really has a masculine appearance to it and its contemporary yet approachable feel to it would be right at home in a gym. I think a rubber strip around the storage compartment would be useful in showing how to open it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bottle is so functional and of course will come in very handy when used at the gym. You have gone to a lot of effort thinking about how the drink bottle not only is used to drink from but also store and hold keys, coins and cards. The finish of the bottle is very elegant and has a clean look to it. The bottle although may need improvement by adding more grooves for when it is in use, making it more comfortable for somebody to grip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's marketed toward men, but i really like this! I've felt the same hassle when not knowing where to put my keys and phone at the gym. Now i have a iphone so my ipod is my phone and i dont need to worry about that as i would be listening to music, but my keys are still a problem, so i think this would be very helpful in my case. I think the only thing i could change would be making it a pop top lid so i can suck the water quickly instead of having to fiddle around with unscrewing and screwing the lid. WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete